Monday 16th October
Number of Games
2 Bo1, or 1 Bo3 each night
All players must be current students of the 2017/18 academic year with verified NUEL accounts
Midnight Saturday 14th October
Each Game night starts 7.15pm on a Monday evening
16th October Qualification
23rd October Qualification
30th October Qualification
6th November Swiss League + Double Elimination
13th November Swiss League + Double Elimination
20th November Swiss League + Double Elimination
27th November Semi Finals
4th December Finals
The tournament will follow the same structure as the Spring Championship. The tournament will be split into 3 weeks of seeding followed by 3 weeks of Double Elimination for the Top 16 and Swiss for the remaining teams.
Qualification will consist of four to 6 games bo1 games across 3 weeks depending on signups. Teams will be initially seeded based on rank of individual players into 4 groups. Each round you play you will be paired against another team in your current group and if you win you move up a group.
After qualification the top 16 teams will progress to double elimination bracket and the remaining Teams will be seeded into Swiss tournament. Teams who do better in qualification will start the Swiss tournament with points based on finish in Qualification.
For First weeks games in double elimination bracket will be bo1. After first week winners bracket games will be bo3 and losers bracket Bo1. With the grand final being a weighted bo5 meaning team from winner bracket starts with a 1-0 headstart.
Teams who get knocked out of double elimination will be relegated to swiss league the following week starting with all wins earned during double elimination bracket.
What is a Swiss League?
After Qualification Teams who did not qualify for double elimination will continue in Swiss league. Teams in swiss league can no longer finish 1st overall but may still finish high as 5th overall. We will be 6 rounds of modified swiss across 4 weeks. In a swiss everyone plays all rounds and teams are then ranked on number of wins. Swiss works by matching teams with same win record against each other in each round. Eg teams with 2 wins play against other teams with 2 wins.
We will be using a modified swiss algorithm to do pairing. By pre generating a “swiss bracket” after check in we avoid the problem of having to wait for all games in around to finish before starting next round. This also helps us reduce playing the same team twice but does not eliminate rematches altogether.
Teams tied on wins in final standing will be ordered by OMWP(opponent match win percentage).
- Teams need to check in each week before deadline or will not be given any fixtures for that week.
- Teams may have a coach using coach spectator slot on server.
- Results must submitted by both captains on the tournament page before starting their next game. Screenshots of final score should also be saved by both teams in case of a dispute.
- Teams are expected to arrive promptly to all games. If a team does not have all 5 players ready to play 20 mins after the scheduled start time they will forfeit the game, (or 20 mins after both teams have finished the previous round match).
- This tournament will be ran using the current competitive map pool.
- Choice of side starting side will be determined by a knife round.
Servers will be provided and will have the following settings:
- mp_startmoney 800
- mp_roundtime_defuse 1.75
- mp_freezetime 15
- mp_maxrounds 30
- mp_c4timer 35
- sv_pausable 1
- ammo_grenade_limit_default 1
- ammo_grenade_limit_flashbang 2
- ammo_grenade_limit_total 4
- sv_friction 5.2
- sv_accelerate 5.5
- cash_player_killed_teammate “-300”
- mp_maxrounds 6 (overtime)
- mp_startmoney 10000 (overtime)
This tournament will be ran using the current competitive map pool
Map selection will be determined as follows for Bo3:
- Team B removes one of the 6 maps.
- Team A removes one of the 5 remaining maps.
- Team A picks one of the 4 remaining maps, will be played as 1st map.
- Team B picks one of the 3 remaining maps, will be played as 2nd map.
- Team B removes one of the 2 maps.
- Team A removes one of the 1 remaining maps.
- The last map will be, if needed, played as 3rd map.
Map selection for Bo1s will be determined by teams taking turns to veto one map until only one map remains.
Choice of side starting side will be determined by a knife round.
Full rules doc will be available soon.
5x exclusive NUEL winners hoodie
Further prizes TBC
Server IP addresses
Eligible to play
Loading eligible teams...
Not eligible to play
Loading ineligible teams...
Lead Tournament Admin
Signups for this tournament are now closed.
Loading points table...