Number of Games
2 games per night
All players must be current students or students who have graduated this year with verified NUEL accounts
Midnight Friday 6th July
On the night information document
Each Game night starts 7.15pm on a Monday evening
9th July Round 1
16th July Round 2
23rd July Round 3
30th July Round 4
6th August Round 5
12th August Quarter Finals
13th August Semi Finals
20th August Grand Finals
5 weeks / 10 rounds of modified swiss, each game being a best of one series. After the 5 weeks the top 8 teams will go into a single elimination bracket where they will play best of three series, for the duration of the tournament.
Teams will be matched against other teams that have the same/ similar points (wins). We will pre generate a swiss bracket each week based on which teams have “checked-in” to play, this lets us avoid the problem of having to wait for all games in a round to finish before starting next round. This also helps us reduce playing the same team twice but does not eliminate rematches altogether.
Single Elimination Bracket
Teams are matched against each other based on seeding, with the lowest seed playing against the highest seed, the second highest seed playing against the second lowest seed and so on.E.g. 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th, 3rd vs 6th and 4th vs 5th. When a team loses they are eliminated from the tournament and the winners progress onto the next round, this occurs until there is one team left.
View full rules doc here.
Key rules everyone must know:
- To participate, a player must have a valid Steam account linked to their NUEL account. The player must use this account to play any and all of their tournament matches.
- Player and team names should not contain any offensive or racist content, and player avatars should be appropriate and decent.
- Teams need to check in each week before the deadline or will not be given any fixtures for that week.
- Teams may have a coach using the in game coaching system by doing “coach ct” or “coach t” in console.
- Results must submitted by both captains on the tournament page before starting their next game. Screenshots of the final score should also be saved by both teams in case of a dispute.
- Teams are expected to arrive promptly to all games. If a team does not have all 5 players ready to play 20 mins after the scheduled start time they will forfeit the game, (or 20 mins after both teams have finished the previous round match).
- This tournament will be ran using the current competitive map pool.
- Choice of side starting side will be determined by a knife round, exclusively for Summer, players may purchase a zeus in the knife round.
Map selection for Bo1s will be determined by teams taking turns to veto one map until only one map remains.
- Team B removes one of the 7 maps.
- Team A removes one of the 6 remaining maps.
- Team A picks one of the 5 remaining maps, will be played as 1st map.
- Team B picks one of the 4 remaining maps, will be played as 2nd map.
- Team B removes one of the 3 maps.
- Team A removes one of the 2 remaining maps.
- The last map will be, if needed, played as 3rd map.
5x £20 Steam credit
NUEL Summer Tournament Winners pin
Server IP addresses
Eligible to play
Loading eligible teams...
Not eligible to play
Loading ineligible teams...
Lead Tournament Admin
Before the tournament starts we will be sending out a form requesting current ranks of players initially seed tournament. This will be emailed to all players and posted on Facebook as well as on this page.
Log in to your account to create or join a team.
Loading points table...