Monday 24th July
Number of Games
2 Bo1, or 1 Bo3 each night
All players must be current students or students who have graduated this year with verified NUEL accounts
Midnight Saturday 22nd July
Each Game night starts 7.30pm on a Monday evening with the exception on final which is on a Tuesday.
24th July Swiss League
31st July Swiss League
7th August Swiss League
14th August Swiss League
21st August Semi Finals
22nd August Finals
The tournament will follow the same structure as the Winter Championship. The tournament will be split into 3 weeks of seeding followed by 3 weeks of Double Elimination for the Top 16 and Swiss for the remaining teams.
For the first four weeks of the tournament we will be 8 rounds of swiss across 4 weeks.In a swiss everyone plays all rounds and teams are then ranked on number of wins. Teams will always play against someone with same number of wins. E.g. If you win your first game and lose second the the third game you will play against someone else with 1 win and 1 loss. Sometimes it is not possible to pair everyone with someone with exactly same number of wins in this situation we try and match closest fit. Eg if there is only one team with 7 wins they will play versus a team with 6 wins. Teams tied on wins in final standing will be ordered by OMWP(opponent match win percentage). An example of how OMPW is used in guild wars https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Match_win_percentage
After the swiss stage finishes, the top 4 will be seeded into a single elimination bracket. Semifinals and Finals will be bo3.
- Teams need to check in each week before deadline or will not be given any fixtures for that week.
- Teams may have a coach using coach spectator slot on server.
- Results must submitted by both captains on the tournament page before starting their next game. Screenshots of final score should also be saved by both teams in case of a dispute.
- Teams are expected to arrive promptly to all games. If a team does not have all 5 players ready to play 20 mins after the scheduled start time they will forfeit the game, (or 20 mins after both teams have finished the previous round match).
- This tournament will be ran using the current competitive map pool.
- Choice of side starting side will be determined by a knife round.
Servers will be provided and will have the following settings:
- mp_startmoney 800
- mp_roundtime_defuse 1.75
- mp_freezetime 15
- mp_maxrounds 30
- mp_c4timer 35
- sv_pausable 1
- ammo_grenade_limit_default 1
- ammo_grenade_limit_flashbang 2
- ammo_grenade_limit_total 4
- sv_friction 5.2
- sv_accelerate 5.5
- cash_player_killed_teammate “-300”
- mp_maxrounds 6 (overtime)
- mp_startmoney 10000 (overtime)
This tournament will be ran using the current competitive map pool
Map selection will be determined as follows for Bo3:
- Team B removes one of the 6 maps.
- Team A removes one of the 5 remaining maps.
- Team A picks one of the 4 remaining maps, will be played as 1st map.
- Team B picks one of the 3 remaining maps, will be played as 2nd map.
- Team B removes one of the 2 maps.
- Team A removes one of the 1 remaining maps.
- The last map will be, if needed, played as 3rd map.
Map selection for Bo1s will be determined by teams taking turns to veto one map until only one map remains.
Choice of side starting side will be determined by a knife round.
Full rules doc will be available soon.
5x exclusive NUEL winners hoodie
Further prizes TBC
Server IP addresses
Eligible to play
Loading eligible teams...
Not eligible to play
Loading ineligible teams...
Lead Tournament Admin
Before the tournament starts we will be sending out a form requesting current ranks of players initially seed tournament. This will be emailed to all players and posted on Facebook as well as on this page.
Log in to your account to create or join a team.
Loading points table...